Small Business Social Media Growth
A small business does not normally have the capital to hire SEO (search engine optimization) social platform consultants or have a in-house department. Therefore many small businesses are left doing what little marketing they can or none at all. In many cases trying to be active in social media can actually harm you search rankings for small business. Listed below are some helpful hints to keep in mind regarding how to grow small business SEO.
Search Engine Standards
Search engines have very specific standards and rules that need to be followed to keep your company in good SEO standing. Being different or unique is sometimes a good thing but not following their guidelines will not help improve your business’s SEO. Below are some links to additional reading and advice for small business SEO relating specifically to social platforms. This will help get your SEO started before you can dive into optimization through social media. Here is a good link to a social platform marketing.
Moving onto Social Platforms
Once you have your general dos and donts of SEO through traditional means consider moving on to social platforms for additional SEO growth.
Some simple things to avoid while putting your company name on social media platforms are.
- Keep content original in posts. This means do not copy others and post them on your social outlets. (especially not your competitors posts)
- Avoid spam robots or viruses on social platforms because this links to your small business webpage and can drastically hurt the search ranking
- Do not spam the same content repeatedly or this can hurt your companies search engine rankings.
External sites that can help catch common SEO mistakes in regards to social media
Some things that can be done on social media to improve search rankings for small business.
- Encourage regular users to share their experiences and help grow the amount of followers of your webpage.
- Keywords are also very important in social platforms for keyword searches. Make sure to have the main keyword in the title and meta description.
- Geosearching is also prevelant in social media. The more that a company is placed in a area on social media, the higher search ranking it will have in that desired area.
More information on improving Small Business SEO growth can be found at the following links: